Issue credit and/or debit cards to cardholders
Cardholder agreement defines terms and conditions
- Cardholder fees
- Interchange fees
- Visa Members provide payment services to cradholders and merchants. When a member provides services to a consumer by issuing a Visa card, that Member is refrred to as an Issuer.
- Visa Issuers issue credit and/or debit cards to cardholders
- In that capacity, they enter into a contractual relationship with the cardholder . That contract is generally known as the cardholder agreemnt and it defines the terms and conditions of the cardholderís account, such as fees, finance charges, re-payment schedules and other services provided with the the account. The Member is responsible for the cardholder account and performs the functions of issuing the plastic, sending billing statemnts, collecting and posting paymnets, providing customer service, etc.
- Issuers in some countries receive income through collection of cardholder fees such as annual membership fees, finance charges, late charges, etc
- Issuing members also receive an interchange fee paid by the acquiring bank.